Rough or dry hands are painful and the cracked skin easily gets infected if it does not heal in the right manner. Having rough and dry hands is quite common for men involved with things like gardening and outdoor lifestyles or men working in professions like construction. However, your hands don’t necessarily need to be dry or rough. All it takes is some basic skin care to cure your rough, dry hands. Vine Vera offers you insights into some of the simplest steps that can protect, repair and soothe your hands to make you feel comfortable, irrespective of whether you’re at work or plan to go for a special dinner.
What causes your hands to bleed or crack?
Our hands suffer whenever they are exposed to things like excessive water, chemicals, the UV rays of the sun and bad weather. One of the main reasons why our hands bleed and crack is that the elements end up damaging the outermost layer of the skin on our hands and this means that it cannot hold on to moisture. The damaged skin also becomes more vulnerable to the harmful UV rays of the sun and pollutants found in the environment, which in turn accelerates aging and dryness. Old fashioned soap bars and a number of harsh commercial cleansers are also known to disrupt the normal integrity of your skin, which ends up hampering the natural healing process.
How to treat rough, dry hands?
If you’re suffering from rough or dry looking hands, these Vine Vera tips should go a long way in making things more comfortable.
- Avoid using harsh soaps – Soaps that contain things like sulfates, synthetic fragrances and preservatives should be avoided. Switch to a gentle and moisturizing cleanser and always rinse your hands thoroughly.
- Exfoliate your hands – You often exfoliate your face and neck area, but end up neglecting your hands. However, the skin on the hands is equally susceptible to damage and regular exfoliation helps you to get rid of the dry and dead skin cells. This works wonders in ensuring that you enjoy healthy looking hands.
- Moisturize your hands – Make sure that you moisturize your hands every morning and night along with your regular skin care routine. This helps you to protect the skin from external damage and repair any damage that is caused throughout the day.
- Wear gloves – It is essential that you wear gloves while washing dishes or gardening. Gloves protect your skin from damage and ensure that the skin on your hands doesn’t lose its moisture content. Vine Vera recommends you to look for cotton or leather gloves.
- Install a humidifier – Men living in cities that experience dry climates or harsh winter conditions should invest in a humidifier for the bedroom.
- Avoid dryers – Hot-air dryers are becoming very common because they save the environment, save money and also save time. However, these dryers end up drying your skin as well. The ideal solution is to pat your hands dry with a towel or simply shake them dry.
- Apply coconut oil on your hands – Apply some coconut oil on your hands and wear gloves before going to sleep. This works like magic for your skin because of the unique combination of fatty acids that coconut oil contains.
- Apply aloe vera to your hands – Aloe Vera is also known to be a miracle worker when it comes to providing moisture and healing wounds. It is very useful for cracked, bleeding or sunburned skin and it helps to encourage better and faster healing.